About Our Firm
Founded in 2012, the Law Offices of William J. Sweeney assists clients with their legal needs in New Britain and throughout the state of Connecticut. We offer skilled representation for personal injury, professional malpractice, criminal defense, business litigation and probate litigation. Our legal team includes Wendy Whitt , an experienced paralegal who has worked in multiple areas of law, and Attorney William J. Sweeney Jr.
Together we bring decades of experience to offer you well-prepared and skilled legal representation. We handle every case with care, researching, gathering evidence, filing motions and offering you counsel from the start. We always step into court prepared. As your chosen legal advocate, we will work toward a settlement that fits your goals. Learn more about Attorney William J. Sweeney Jr. in his short biography below.
Significant Verdicts, Settlements And Decisions
Attorney William J. Sweeney Jr. has litigated cases for over 40 years. He has practiced in every level of court in Connecticut, and has represented clients in major federal criminal cases. He has been involved in all of the major political corruption cases in Connecticut in the past 30 years. Note some of his significant settlements in the list below:
- $3.5 million settlement, product liability against medical device manufacturer on behalf of HIV infected health care worker.
- $2 million settlement, class action against law firm for unfair trade practices on behalf of former clients.
- $275,000, 65-year-old woman, slip and fall against municipality and its vendor. *
- State v. Tomasso, 49 Conn. Sup. 327 (2004), motion to dismiss granted on behalf of client, defendant in Unfair Trade Practice Act brought by state attorney general.
- Napoletano, et al. v. Cigna Healthcare of Connecticut, 238 Conn. 216, cert. denied, 117 S.CT. 1106 (1997) established cause of action against health insurer on state law grounds avoiding ERISA presumption.
- $500,00 settlement, 87-year-old pedestrian injured in shopping center parking by car. *
- $1,000,000 settlement (35-year-old man hit on head by metal bar resulting in chronic migraine headaches and a Botox treatment). *
- $298,458.29 jury verdict against attorney for excessive fees from an estate. *
*past success does not guarantee future results but are based on the merits of each individual case
Schedule Your Free Consultation With An Experienced Lawyer
Contact our office today, located in Downtown New Britain, to schedule your free consultation. You will have a one-on-one discussion to talk about your legal needs. Reach our office at 800-496-1524, or fill out our online contact form.